- Question 1: What is a public adjuster?
Answer:A public adjuster is a professional who has expert knowledge on loss adjustments. A public adjuster works with insurance policy holders to assist them in all aspects of negotiating equitable adjustments of insurance claims. Back To Top
- Question 2: What can InsuranceBusters.net do for me?
Answer: We will advise and assist you in the preparation of building damage assessment reports, estimates, inventories, and other factual proofs of loss. We will handle all the necessary details for compiling and filing claims, as required by the terms of your insurance policies. We will also meet and confer with the insurance company representatives and handle all negotiations essential to proper, satisfactory, and equitable adjustment of your claim. Back To Top
- Question 3: Why can’t my insurance agent or broker handle my claim?
Answer:An agent or broker is well trained in determining your insurance needs, and placing or writing insurance policies, but they are not well trained in detailing insurance losses. You can’t expect your agent or broker, who is not paid to adjust losses, to try and adjust one. They generally don’t have the time, training or facilities to render the highly-specialized service of insurance adjusting. Back To Top
- Question 4: Am I assured a higher settlement if I use your services?Answer: Almost always. The more thorough and complete the claim, the higher the settlement will be. We meticulously inspect the loss site and document the damages. On severe losses where all or most of the contents are destroyed by fire, stolen or blown away, we will go over a variety of checklists with you to help recap, on a room by room basis, what was in the property at the time of the loss. Having a professional who is looking out for your best interests and who understands the “tricks of the trade” is invaluable. Back To Top
- Question 5: Will my loss be settled faster with the services of a Public Adjuster?Answer:A Public Adjuster knows exactly what to provide to the insurance company in order to expedite the settlement of your claim. A great deal of time can be saved by having our professional Public Adjusters handle your loss. With your cooperation we will quickly have your claim filed and the settlement process underway. Back To Top
- Question 6: Are public adjusters affiliated with insurance companies?
Answer:No, public adjusters are in no way affiliated with insurance companies. Services provided by public adjusters are decided exclusively by the policyholder and not the insurance company. Back To Top
- Question 7: Do I have to pay up front?
Answer: No, we are not paid until money is collected from the insurance company. In fact, we spend our own money and time documenting and resolving your claim before we are paid anything. Back To Top
- Question 8: Who uses the services of Public Adjusters?
Answer:Public Adjusters are utilized by individuals, businesses and professionals including banks, churches, restaurants, accountants, attorneys and even insurance adjusters and agents on their own losses. Once a client has experienced the benefits a Public Adjuster has to offer, it is rare that they will attempt to settle a claim without us afterward. Back To Top
- Question 9: How can a Public Adjuster better serve me over an insurance company adjuster?
Answer:The insurance company adjuster is employed by the insurance company and that is where their loyalties are. They must strike a balance between your interests and those of their company. A Public Adjuster works for a client’s interests exclusively. Back To Top
- Question 10: What should I look for in a Public Adjuster?
Answer:You should look for the same qualities you would look for in any other professional, which includes experience and proven performance. Your Public Adjuster should be licensed and bonded and should also employ its own staff of adjusters, appraisers and other professionals. Back To Top
- Question 11: If we employ a Public Adjuster, will it cause any problems or delays with my claim?
Answer: The vast majority of our claims are conducted and concluded in the spirit of professionalism and mutual respect with the insurance company’s representative(s). However, if the company does not want to be reasonable, we will under no circumstances capitulate to any unreasonable demands or positions they take. If there are any problems or delays in your claim, they are the same problems which would exist whether or not we are involved. We, however, because of our experience would know the best way to minimize certain problems or delays, and often, just by our involvement, many problems are avoided before they develop. While some unethical adjusters may discourage you from employing a Public Adjuster (who is licensed and certified by the Department of Insurance), statistics are quite clear that Public Adjusters, almost without exception, assist in obtaining extremely higher settlements for the Insured, not to mention the time and turmoil the Insured is saved. It is beyond dispute that if any adjuster or agent prefers that you do not hire a Public Adjuster, it cannot possibly be your interest they have in mind. Back To Top
- Question 12: Will my policy be canceled if I hire a Public Adjuster?
Answer: No, the public adjusting profession is mandated by the Legislature and regulated by the Department of Insurance. It would be a serious violation if any Insurance Company would discriminate against you in any way for exercising a right given to you by the State Legislature. Back To Top